Wendy F's Reviews > Flat-Out Love

4019599
May 04, 13

bookshelves: 2011, favorites, contemporary, romance, ya-na, my-lovers, 2013
Read from October 25, 2011 to May 04, 2013, read count: 2

I've warred with myself over this review ever since the debacle, feeling like I should rate it down on principle. I'm not going to. Please note that this review is on the product, and not the producer. I do not condone reviewer harassment. If we could rate an author's behavior it would be one star all the way.

I can't even wait until after work to write this review.

Except, now that I'm sitting here I don't know what to say. This book was full of really funny lines and snarky banter. I laughed a lot, and I think that really goes a long way into making someone fall in love with the characters.

Julie was one of that best female characters I've ever read. She was pushy and overbearing just enough to feel human, but she was also genuine and compassionate.

Finn was wonderful and sweet. Their emails and texts are definitely a highlight of this book. Again, just like Julie, he had flaws as every good character does. His inability to come home or be there for his family really grated on my nerves.

And then there was Matt. From pretty much their first interaction I knew this was the guy for me. Was he kind of awkward and inept at times, definitely. But in the way of Seth, it was part of what made me fall so hard for him. I mean hard. Like, I think (at this moment) he pretty much shot to the top of my my favorite YA fictional hero list. When I think about him I feel all squishy inside. I blame this wonderful man... er character... to be the reason that I got very little sleep last night, and when I did sleep I was dreaming of amazing brothers and a family with a Flat Finn.

This is just one more time where I read a seriously amazing book because of a wonderful recommendation from Stacia and Isa, so thank you so much guys. This was seriously my kind of book. Quotes coming soon.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Love.

Quotes Wendy F Liked

Jessica Park
“If you can't stop thinking about someone's update, that's called "status cling.”
Jessica Park, Flat-Out Love

10/25/2011
14.0% "I think I'm pre-programmed to have an instant crush on any men named Jamie!"
10/25/2011
27.0% "I'm totally falling in love with Matt! Am I not supposed to be? He's adorable.... Kinda reminds me of Seth...."
show 1 hidden update…