Patrick's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: year-reads-december, year-reads-march
Read in December, 2011

Voldemort was being nursed back to health by his supporter who plots to kill Harry.Harry gets invited to go with Ron's family to the Quidditch World Cup.After Ireland wins, Death Eaters revealed their presence and torture Muggles. They are then scared away by the Dark Mark. The next day, Mad-Eye Moody gets attacked and Harry, Hermione, Ron and his siblings return to Hogwarts. They find out Moody will be their new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.They also find out that the Triwizard Tournament will be reinstated to Hogwarts as safety precautions have been applied. The 2 other schools that will be competing with Hogwarts are Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. Each school can have 1 champion to represent them(of age students only will insert their names in a Goblet of Fire)On the feast day, Goblet spewed out a champion of each school:Cedric,Viktor and Fleur. But then, the cup ejected a fourth name: Harry Potter. Will he suceed? Or will his competitors destroy him? Read the book to find out!
I picked this book up because it was a Harry Potter book, and after reading the others,I had a good feeling about it.I finished this book because it was interesting to find out who was the antagonist and other secrets J.K.Rowling so often leaves until the very end.I recommend this book to Bruce because he likes Harry Potter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

03/06/2012 page 336
46.0% "I on the part after Harry defeats the dragon and it's great so far. No evil plots yet."
03/07/2012 page 406
55.0% "I'm on the part after the Yule Ball and Harry finally figures out the egg. Its great so far and he accidentally discovers a crucial secret revealed at the end of the story"