Bonnie's Reviews > Crank

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: ya, contemporary, poetry-verse
Read from November 17 to 18, 2011

Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

Crank, you see
reeling
until you try to get
away.

The Storyline
Kristina is a high school junior who’s your typical normal kid who brings home good grades and has never done anything to disappoint her mom. Kristina though, isn’t always Kristina. Sometimes she becomes Bree, the girl she’s always wanted to be. The girl who tells it like it is, the confident one, the one who’s nothing like Kristina.

When Kristina goes to Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit her dad she meets the neighbor boy Adam and her life begins the slow roll downhill.

His voice dripped
Honey and cream,
Irresistible poison.

He was poison and he introduced her to another irresistible poison: the monster. Just trying it once and her life was forever changed.

My Thoughts
This is my third foray into the works of Ellen Hopkins and I have yet to be disappointed. These are hard books and I can see why people either love them or hate them. They wrestle the difficult subjects that normal authors refuse to touch in order to avoid controversy or dispute. I can understand this; however, that makes me love this author that much more because she does wrestle these tough subjects. She tackles them to the ground and does it with gusto.

All of Ellen Hopkins books tell a brutally honest tale and you’re not likely to get a happy ending either so don’t be surprised if you’re left beaten and bruised by her stories and not given your fairy tale ending. Her books just simply are take it or leave it. Personally, I can’t get enough of them; I find them incredibly hard to put down once I’ve started and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crank.

11/17/2011 page 13
2.0% "He sucked the nectar from her heart like a famished butterfly." 1 comment
11/18/2011 page 267
50.0% "Getting car sick. Time to find an audiobook. Lol"
11/18/2011 page 447
83.0% "I felt out of control, a meteorite tumbling through space, tugged by gravity toward certain doom."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sabrina Troubling but good right? Will you read the others in the trilogy?

Bonnie Yes, very. I've got the next two on hold at the library ready for me to pick up. :)

Sabrina I'm finishing up Fallout right now!

Bonnie Are you enjoying it?

Sabrina Yes. I only have one more (Burned) of her books to read.

Bonnie I was just looking to see how many more of her books I have to read. I've still got a few to go but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself when I don't have anymore! haha

Sabrina Me too! I don't think she has anything coming out until late 2012!

Bonnie Yep, sounds about right. I should probably try and draw them out and not read them all at once but I don't think it's going to happen.

Sabrina Good luck with that.....LOL!

Bonnie :) thanks lol