Victoria D.'s Reviews > Hoot

Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

F 50x66
Feb 16, 2012

bookshelves: to-read

** spoiler alert ** The book Hoot by Carl Hiaasen, was a very interesting book about a teenage boy named Roy Eberhardt. He and his friends try to save owl burrows that will be buried underneath a pancake house when it is built. The teens gang up up together to try to stop the building from being made, and the owls from being killed. Roy is the new kid. The one who everyone picks on. Including one beasty boy named Dana Matherson. If he would have never been bullied by Dana Matherson, he would have never seen the running boy, who led him to Beatrice, who led him to the owl burrows. Officer Leroy, and Curly try to stop the truant kids who with go through anything to save the owls. Roy and his friends go to Trace Middle School. A school full of bullies, tough girls, and weird kids who run all the time and don’t wear shoes. I would recommend this book to anyone in middle school or high school because it’s about a normal kid who goes through the same things as the average middle school-er. I really liked this book and I would probably rate it at about and eight or nine on a scale of 1-10.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hoot.