Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > One Foot in the Grave

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

May 13, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in May, 2008

Yee hah! I loved this book. It's the second in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series about Cat. Cat's the very special child of a human and a recently turned vamp who still had some viable swimmers!

In this second book "One Foot in the Grave", Cat's reunited with her sexy and mysterious vamp lover, Bones, after four long years. She still loves him, but is sure their relationship can't work. However, Bones isn't about to let her go again and he has some pretty nifty skills, and secrets, that just may make all the difference. And let me tell you, the sex is smoking! There was one scene that required a cigarette and vigorous fanning!!

I really do like this series. I was worried Ms Frost might not be able to do justice to the first book in the series, but I thought this one was even better! She managed to flesh out her paranormal world even more and provided a few twists and turns to keep me riveted. She also gave us more information on Cat's family tree; and best of all, the ending tells me I'll get more stories of Cat and Bones in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Foot in the Grave.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Inara And I haven´t even started to read the first book.. sigh! Really, a day should have more hours I´m running out of time with all the books I´m picking up and I´d love to read

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Awesome review, Julie!! I was so heartbroken after the first one when she dumped that totally YUMMY Bones, so I didn't even want to read this one. But telling me she has hooked up with him again and the sex is HOT makes we want to go out and buy it this week. Which I will. Thanks so much! I loved the first one all the way through until I got to the last 50 pages. I'm so glad she came to her senses about Bones. Yay!!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)