Kat Kennedy's Reviews > Once Burned

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost

I gave this four stars.

*Rocks backwards and forwards*

What is happening to me?! What am I turning into?

I just really liked how plot-heavy is was. And it's not Cat or Bones whose relationship I'm happy to put away for now. I liked Vlad as a character but I thought it was Leila who really made this novel.

It's not the usual backwards and forwards.

Her: "I really like him but I don't know if he likes me."

Him: "Wow. I really like you."

Her: "He's just saying that because he wants someone. I wish it were true."

*Sexual tension*

*Interruption*

*Lots of sex*

*Plot resolution*

*Happily ever after*

It can get a bit tiring, but this wasn't and I really want to see where Frost takes it from here.

But...but... I have to wait SO LONG!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Burned.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lil Smiles Did you read it?! What's the verdict?! should I drop my highbrow fantasy to read this now?!

Brittany B. AGREED!!

Kat Kennedy I really liked it!

Barbara (VampAngel) I'm dying for the next one too. It's so unfair that we have to wait until March of 2013. I want to scream my frustration, but I don't think my neighbors would approve.

I love Vlad and I loved this book.

Yodamom : ) I can't wait to start on it. I just have to finish up one book....

Lil Smiles Great to hear you liked it- can't wait to dive in myself :D

Elisa The best one!? Wow, I need to get on that! :)

Kat Kennedy In my opinion it is. It's a lot more complex and interesting for me compared to the others.

message 9: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Is this one that can be read without reading other Night books? I didn't even know it was part of some other series.

Kat Kennedy Without. It stands alone.

message 11: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie So even though I still have to read 5 and 6 of The Night Huntress (shame on me, I know) I can still read this without issue?

Kat Kennedy I haven't read them either and I was fine.

message 13: by Yui (new) - rated it 3 stars

Yui Just finished. Trying hard not to think about it as I've been confused since reading the last word. Better confused than pissed off, I think. Which I'll be for sure If I really try hard to pick up my scattered brain to think about the ending and the waiting...

CJ - Drop Dead Cute I couldn't get into Cat & Bones so I'm hoping this turns out better. All of GR is aflutter with good news about this

Lindsey I stopped reading the book I was in the middle of to read this one when I got it yesterday and then saw your review. You were right- it is excellent!

message 16: by Tiya (new) - added it

Tiya Rosa Wow... 4 stars. Makes me wanna pick this up now, right now. Is there a cliff hanger at the end, though, Kat? Or a delayed HEA like the in the first Night Huntress book? Cause I'd just prolly wait for when the next one comes out before reading this if the ending is cliff hangery. :)

Lisa (Fic Talk) Was wondering whether I'd be able to read this w/o ever reading the other books in the NH series.

Kat Kennedy Tiya - yeah there isn't a complete HEA for this one.

Lisa - yes, you can.

message 19: by Leodora (new) - added it

Leodora Murphy Great review, made me wanna read the book... but daaaaaamn why do this kinda book have to have SO bad covers?!?! I kinda wish the publishers would go Dresden Files on them and just make 'em ONE colour and then smack a titel on it!

Brittany B. Kat wrote: "Tiya - yeah there isn't a complete HEA for this one.

I haven't read it yet. I have it, but am saving it as long as I can because of what you mentioned Kat. I knew she wouldn't give us an HEA that quickly, and it will be SO long until the next book.

So saving it until I can't stand the wait any more. ;)

Agree with Leodora: not a good cover. And it's not remotely what I imagine Vlad to look like. He's Vlad the Impaler and Dracula, for gods sake, not Fabio! Lol.

Maggie I know what you mean! I hate that I'm going to have to wait for the next one!

Beatriz  Lins Agree with you. The usual back-and-forth can get a bit tiring, and Jeaniene changed that. Oh, man. This novel is so perfect. The next one comes out in March, right? -_-

Aaaah, I like the cover. It's not as good as Night Huntress, but... IDK, this was how I imagined Vlad o.O

Marissa I was also feeling a bit burnt out with Cat & Bones, and still havent read the last book... BUT - I loved this one!! I wish it would have wrapped up a bit more at the end, but I totally get wanting the lead in to the next book... ugh - have to wait 9 months!!!! :(

message 24: by Haven Angel (new) - added it

Haven Angel this is a really good review i agree with the whole back and forth thing that hapend with cat and bones and denies and spade but anways this makes me want to read it thanks :)