Martin's Reviews > The Art of Racing in the Rain

Oct 13, 2011

bookshelves: best-book-i-read-2011
Read from October 10 to 13, 2011

Stunning. Simply stunning.
To see the world from such a point of view. To hear it spoken in such a well worded manner. To see a story unfold that spanned a lifetime, one that I had no part of but one that drew me in so fully.

Would I recommend this book? Yes. Yes I would.

I knew from the first page that I had stumbled upon something great and I could have easily sat there and read through the whole book the moment I opened it, but alas I had work to do (at least this allowed me to spread my enjoyment over a couple of days).
I was captivated by enzo's way of speaking and his way of thinking of the world. I can't help but wonder, when looking at my dog, if he to longs to be human. To speak out.

The book kept me right until the ending. A ending I knew was coming from the beginning bit still plucked at my emotions.

I long for more. I feel sorry for whichever book I read next as it has a lot to live up to. I'm scared that no book ever will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Racing in the Rain.

Quotes Martin Liked

Garth Stein
“Somewhere, the zebra is dancing.”
Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain

10/12/2011 page 207
64.0% "So far I'm loving this book. Has got me completely hooked. I need to pry myself away from it to get some work done."
10/12/2011 page 294
92.0% "Could easily finish reading this tonight but im trying to stop myself, to draw it out. Finding a book to read afterwards that is as good as this one will be hard. Maybe impossible."