Jessica `~Blahyze~`'s Reviews > Over Hexed

Over Hexed by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Oct 12, 11

Read on October 12, 2011 — I own a copy

Sean has a problem, every female he comes across wants him but he is sick of being used and groped, he wants something more. When he meets Dorcas and Ambrose they offer him a solution to his problem, turning off his sex appeal and making his appearance low-key;

“Sean thought about the women that mobbed him at every turn, his lack of freedom to move around town without being pinched or whistled at, his complete disinterest in sex. He lifted his glass and candlelight bounced off the cut crystal. The Lowells wouldn’t be able to do what he wanted, but what the hell, he’d ask.
“Turn off my sex appeal,” he said. Then he laughed because that sounded so impossible.”

Little does he know that Dorcas and Ambrose have the power to do just that very thing. When Sean runs into Maggie he is astonished that she isn’t fawning all over him but now is the time when his previous looks and desirable nature would have come in handy, he wants Maggie not only in his bed but also he needed her on his side to protect his family home from development. I didn’t really get the inclusion of George the dragon in the story, if that had been left out I wouldn’t have felt it was missing anything at all plot wise, though I did like the moment it created between Maggie and Sean;

“She nestled her head against his shoulder. “You were really brave.”
“I was really scared shitless”
“That’s what bravery is- being scared shitless and doing it, anyway”
He thought about that and felt sort of proud of himself. “Thanks. So were you scared shitless, too?”
“At first I was. But when he threatened to kill you, I just got mad”.
“Huh”. He liked thinking of her going into a rage on his behalf. He also liked standing here with his arm around her. There was nothing sexual or suggestive going on, just two people holding each other.”

Overall it wasn’t a bad read; it just didn’t particularly excite me or capture me. However if you are looking for something out the ordinary then it is worth thinking about reading.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over Hexed.

10/11/2011 page 54