lia's Reviews > The Two Princesses Of Bamarre

The Two Princesses Of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

Oct 10, 2011

bookshelves: children-books
Read in October, 2011

I read this book because i really like Ella Enchanted, i think its a good twist of Cinderella story with a strong and smart heroine.

I wasn't disappointed with The Two Princesses of Bamarre. I think it also another twist of another fairy tale though I'm not sure which one.
Anyhoo, the story is about two princesses (as in the title) one is brave (princess Merryl, if I'm not mistaken) and the other is a coward (princess Addie). But the brave princess who long for adventures outside palace suddenly fall ill. the illness is as fatal as it is mysterious. So the cowardly princess, out of love for her sister, brave herself to venture outside the palace wall with the help of a sorcerer. In her way to find the cure she must battle scepter, troll, dragons and herself.

The strongest element of Ms.Levine book is its characters. Though i sometimes feel want to knock Princess Addie in the head, i also can appreciate the way she steeled herself to help her sister.

A good book and I'm looking forward to read other books by Ms. Levine

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Princesses Of Bamarre.