Airicka Phoenix's Reviews > The Calling

The Calling by Ashley Lynn Willis

Oct 10, 2011

My review for The Calling by Ashley Lynn Willis

I can only blame myself for the torture I put myself through while reading this. I received this book through R2R book reviews. I downloaded the book onto my Kindle, stuck my Kindle into my purse and went to drop the kids off at school. That's when I made the mistake. I had exactly 5-10mins before I needed to catch 2 buses and a train across town, over 8 cities. Instead, I pull out my Kindle and start reading.

Wow, such a mistake. I was hooked. I couldn't stop reading. My tiny 10min window vanished so fast that I was practically tearing through the streets to catch my first bus.

Long story short, every time my butt touched a chair, I had my Kindle out and pressed to my nose. Hell, half the time, I didn't even put my Kindle away. I was transfixed. I wanted... NEEDED to know what would happen next. WOULD Mandy and Justin make it? Would everything turn out at the end? It was all so great!

The only con-crit I would have, if I had one, would be the tiny lack of paranormal in the story. I would have loved to see more. But in no way does this deter from the author's talent with words and touching characters -- I especially LOVED Lori!.

Would I read from this author again? Absolutely! In fact, I hope there's a sequel.

(Warning to readers: Do NOT read while in a rush!)

All the Best,

Airicka Phoenix

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Calling.