Monica Fumarolo's Reviews > Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood

Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares

Oct 10, 11

Read in October, 2011

Ann Brashares's tale of four best friends growing up and facing the trials and tribulations of growing up has long been near and dear to my heart. Though I read the first three installments as soon as they came out, I never got around to the 4th until now (and I'll admit, it's because I really want to read the 5th book Sisterhood Everlasting that just came out). Brashares didn't disappoint as Tibby, Lena, Bee, and Carmen embark on their fourth summer separated from each other, but united by a seemingly magical pair of blue jeans. I don't know if I would have appreciated the story as much when it first came out because I hadn't been in the characters shoes yet, but this time around they're all 19 and I can look back on my own memories about how much I struggled during and right after my first year of college in many of the same ways these girls did. I give only four out of five stars because I was a bit disappointed in Tibby's and Lena's stories - these two always seem to be tormented and getting the short end of the stick, though at least the end gave me some renewed hope. If you've loved the series up until now, I strongly urge you to finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever in Blue.