Toni's Reviews > Isabella's Dilemma

Isabella's Dilemma by Anna  James

Oct 10, 11

In spite of the fact that the hero and heroine do have sex halfway through the story, this is definitely a sweet romance. Jake is a man living up to his responsibilities—in his working life as well as his private one. His acceptance into Isabella’s family as a friend is only one proof of this. Isabella is also competent at what she does, but she’s cautious at giving her heart away, preferring to wear it on her sleeve where it definitely may get bruised. The slow awareness of their love and clearing the air to allow themselves to become part of each others’ lives takes more of an effort than anyone realizes.

Only two points caused me some confusion. One was the celebration of Jake’s parents’ fiftieth wedding anniversary. Unless I somewhere missed mention of Jake’s actual age, I was assuming him to be in his late 20’s-early 30’s which would mean his parents were married 20 years before he was born. The other was Isabella and her cousin referring to her father by his first name. It took me a moment to figure out who they were talking about.

Other than that, all I have to say is that this is a lovely tale…of love found, lost, then rediscovered. If you like a nice, gentle love story where the sex is at a minimum but the romance runs full-stop,Isabella’s Dilemma is the novel for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isabella's Dilemma.