LuAnn's Reviews > The Pub Across The Pond

The Pub Across The Pond by Mary Carter

Oct 21, 11

Read from October 10 to 21, 2011

When Carlene Rivers wins an Irish pub in a raffle, she sees it as the opportunity to finally get out from under her dead-end life. Caring for her father since her mother’s death has been stressful, to say the least, and she’s ready to strike out on her own. Who would have thought she’d fall head over heels in love with the quaint little pub, the odd ball clientele she inherited … or the previous owner?

I absolutely adored this book. It was such a fun read and I kept rooting for Carlene throughout the entire novel. I’m not sure if I agree with her choice of men, but I have to admit, he does sound fascinating.

I don’t want to tell you too much about the book because I don’t want to give anything away. I really think you should read this for yourself.

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I’m very impressed. Her characters are well-developed and she takes you right into the pages with her descriptions of the setting. I’ve never had a huge desire to travel to Europe, but after reading The Pub Across the Pond, Ireland does indeed sound enchanting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pub Across The Pond.