Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews)'s Reviews > Rock and a Hard Place

Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Oct 10, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in October, 2011

This was a bit more emotional that I expected it to be. Libby seems to be in such a dark place after a tragedy and is waiting for her father to come back and rescue her from her crazy aunt.

I was glad to see that she got to meet Peter and she didn't know who he was or his family. I was so mad at his brother for doing what he did and not only ruining things for Peter, but making some huge changes for Libby. Things don't go well for Libby and while it was hard to see, I'm glad she was able to take things in stride after a few huge life changes.

We get to see things from both Libby and Peter and I really liked to see his side after Libby disappears and he's unable to track her down. While I still wanted to punch his brother in the face (he's probably just laugh has I break my hand on his face), I'm glad Peter is unwilling to just let go like his entire family wants him to.

I really enjoyed this story. I really liked the darker side to it than most of the other YA romances I have read. It's finitely worth the read and I'm looking forward to learning more about the author.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock and a Hard Place.

Angie Stanton Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Angie Stanton

Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews) You're welcome! I hope to read more of your books!