Mickey Reed's Reviews > Pyxis: The Discovery

Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, author-review, ereader
Read from May 22 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

See full review here!

I received this book from the author for review. Here are my honest thoughts:

The title of this book kept me from reading it for the longest time! I, like someone actually IN the book, thought it was about pixies. It's NOT. It's about the PYXIS (picks-issssss)! Totally different! So if you're thinking, "Nah, I'll wait until I have more time," because you're like me and do not read the descriptions of books, then take my word for it and give this one a chance.

I enjoyed the mystery revolving around the PYXIS. This book starts off with Corinne using some of the bottles in this mystery box as food coloring for her bake sale contributions. Then weird things start happening. Her best friend Angeline offers up an experiment, which freaked me out, but honestly, nothing happens with it. Other experiments take place with no results as well. I didn't like that part.

And I also didn't like that I figured stuff out before Corinne did. It was a little strange because I'm always usually with the narrator. Plus, when Mason comes home and wants to be with her, she should have just confronted him about the issue that was holding her back. People waste too much time on things they don't even know about! ;o)

But let's not focus on what I didn't like, because I actually enjoyed this story! It's fresh and different from the paranormal stuff out there. This is more like witch craft. Things don't always go right, but Corinne and the gang work to make it. And then there was the ending. You'll need the next one right away. That's all I'm saying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pyxis.

05/22/2012
23.0% "All I want is egg salad sandwiches right now. Thanks, book ;o)"
05/25/2012
49.0% "Definitely liking this one! Just haven't had much time to read."
05/26/2012