706helaina's Reviews > The Clue in the Diary

The Clue in the Diary by Carolyn Keene

Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: 7th-grade-books
Read from October 10 to 17, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I really enjoy Nancy Drew books, For two main reasons. One is because I love the way that I t is set in the 1930-40s. It really gives the books this humble, cosy feeling. And two, the mysteries are simple enough to make sure kids my age understand, but interesting enough to keep keep me reading on.
What really interested me about this story was the fact that I knew who the actually culprit was and I watched as the other suspects suffered. It was cool to know the truth and I almost wanted to just scream it out to the detectives. I loved knowing that it was not really him as I watched the criminal escape several situations
I also really enjoyed the fact that the secret journal was written in Swedish. So even when the mystery was close to getting solved, that journal was always pulling her down and making the mystery ten times harder for Nancy to solve. It added a good twist and was interesting.
I give it three stars because it was okay, but there was never one part where I was on the edge of my seat, begging for more. It was just, good. Don't worry about not reading it, but if you want a fun, quick read, I really recommend it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clue in the Diary.

10/10/2011 page 0
0.0% "I always loved this series, gotta start it up again..."
10/10/2011 page 38
22.0% "10/7/11 pg1-38 I think that Nancy may be getting tangled into a relationship that could cause her to lack attention and time into this case."
10/10/2011 page 38
22.0% "10/8/11 pg 38-80 I think that mr. Swenson is not guilty, because then the story would just be boring. I am almost 100% sure that there is more to the story than nancy knows."
10/11/2011 page 100
57.0% "I have a BIG feeling that Mr.Raybolt is setting up some sort of scheme so he can get away with stealing Joe swesons inventions, joe is not guilty!!!!!!!! (I think)"
10/11/2011 page 140
80.0% "Yep, I was right:)"
10/17/2011 page 174
100.0% "Oct 12, 2011 I knew it, I am pretty sure that Nancy Drew books are meant to be figured out before she does, or the author was just really bad at confusing the writer."
show 1 hidden update…