Christina's Reviews > Mummy Dearest

Mummy Dearest by Josh Lanyon

Jun 19, 12

bookshelves: m-m-romance, humor
Read from June 18 to 19, 2012

This was a fun and lighthearted story. I loved the writing and the touches of humor. What stood out the most were the affectionate moments between Drew and Fraser. Fraser shows Drew what he's been missing in his life and relationship. Through only a touch, a friendly ear, a kiss, Drew slowly realizes that his opinions and feelings matter. A wonderful read! I can't wait until their story continues.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mummy Dearest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Nice! :) Fun right? I can’t wait for more Lanyon!

Christina Yes, it was a lot of fun. I wonder if all Lanyon's books have this type of humor or just certain ones. I'll have to research a bit more.

I'll be ready for more when I get back from my camping trip. BAH! It's next week. Although, I may turn around and come back after one day, LOL.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

A lot of them have touches of this kind of humor but aren't light hearted. Probably the Holmes and Moriarity series comes closest.

Christina Great, I moved that one up. Thanks!

Laura Christina wrote: "Yes, it was a lot of fun. I wonder if all Lanyon's books have this type of humor or just certain ones. I'll have to research a bit more.

I'll be ready for more when I get back from my camping ..."

Eek! :D LOL! Good luck camping! You’re not tenting it are you? haha…
You want to dive into Adrien when you get back?

Christina Yeah when I get back will be perfect.

Yes, a tent! No electricity. I have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do. The hiking will be fun but the rest I could do without. At least I'll have my kindle :)

Laura OH Good God! Good Luck, dude! Haha…No, it will be fine and fun! :)
Maine or NH? At least it will be cooler up there. And charge that kindle up! haha...
Looking forward to the Adrien gossip!

Christina Royalston, MA and I need all the luck I can get. Actually, the guys do because they are the ones that are going to here me bitching. Car charger FTW!

Laura For some reason, whenever someone says camping I think Maine or NH. Haha…Childhood memories I guess. We went up to Maine almost every summer. Stories when you get back please! Bug spray—bring lots & lots of bug spray! :D
If I don’t get to say it later—Have fun! Gossip in a week! :)

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ LOL!!!! We used to go to Maine every summer also, but we had a stationary trailer (my parents), it was practically a house. There was no roughing it.

Christina will be one with nature. She will be sleeping with the bears, spiders and critters. Have fun :) Don't forget your porta potty!

message 11: by Angela ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ (last edited Jun 20, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ It sort of reminds me of Vadim and Dan when they slept in the cave in the mountains. They had to rough it too. You should use their book as a reference. Is there a pond you can bath in?

Christina Angela ~Strega~ wrote: "It sort of reminds me of Vadim and Dan when they slept in the cave in the mountains. They had to rough it too. You should use their book as a reference. Is their a pond you can bath in?"

Yeah but I have no Vadim and Dan with me.

Christina Laura wrote: "For some reason, whenever someone says camping I think Maine or NH. Haha…Childhood memories I guess. We went up to Maine almost every summer. Stories when you get back please! Bug spray—bring l..."

I'm not leaving until a week from tonday. More time to breathe. Yeah, I have tons of DEET packed. I am a mosquito magnet. My hubby doesn't even need spray, he just sits next to me and he's all set.

Laura LOL! :D Can you imagine bumping into those two! Haha..HELLO! I think I could love camping after all!

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Ugh..I know. If you did I would go too :P

I have to read Vets soon. I miss them, even though I didn't like the third book :(

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Laura wrote: "LOL! :D Can you imagine bumping into those two! Haha..HELLO! I think I could love camping after all!"

OMG...I can only imagine....

Laura Hi Angela—we did the trailer thing too as a kid. Christina is a brave (or is it nuts? ;) ) woman! Tenting! Haha….
I miss them too! *elbows Angela* Read it! haha..

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ We did NH too. I had a lot of fun camping as a kid. Christina would come along with us too sometimes. We were seasonal at Thousand Acres. My parents just sold their trailer in Maine. It was near Old Orchard Beach. It was nice, but it gets old.

But the camping that Christina is doing is mainly for the kids. My husband and kids are going too, but I'M NOT! haha. She is brave though. She won't really give them a hard time like I would. I would be complaining the whole time!

I know. I know! I have to read it, but I'm scared. If it ends horribly I will hate it!

Laura Braver than me! :D Kids love the tenting. Haha…we used to do it all the time in the backyard as a kid. I never made the night! Haha…I always thought tents were so suffocating. Just me though. We camped every summer at Point Sebago Lake. All about the trailer with the AC! :D
Haha…So you have the week to yourself next week? Nice! Any plans? Reading?
*clears throat* Perfect time to visit with Dan and Vadim! :)

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Laura wrote: "Braver than me! :D Kids love the tenting. Haha…we used to do it all the time in the backyard as a kid. I never made the night! Haha…I always thought tents were so suffocating. Just me though. ..."

I'm an AC kind of gal too! I drive everybody crazy. I hated tents because of the humidity. Everything in the tent would become damp and moist. It was gross.

I have next week to myself! I can't wait. I have no plans, but to clean, relax and read! Yes I may visit with Dan and Vadim next week! I miss them. But if Dan doesn't behave he may have to stay home!

Christina *sigh* No AC, no bed....I'm doomed!

Laura Christina wrote: "*sigh* No AC, no bed....I'm doomed!"

Haha…You’ll have your kindle! :)