A.E. Marling's Reviews > Brood of Bones

Brood of Bones by A.E. Marling

Nov 10, 11

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: wrote

A story without fantasy is like a holiday without fireworks.

The fantasy genre has always lit my eyes with wonder, whisking me away to lands of great frights and greater friendships. I knew since my sophomore year in high school that I loved writing tales crackling with magic, and that passion only grew into a relentless pursuit of the craft of storytelling. I would like to thank my faithful readers, who have always encouraged me. I have learned so much from you. The praise directed toward this novel must also be yours.

I am also indebted beyond measure to my illustrator, a Russian grandmaster of Adobe Photoshop, whom I would trek through frozen wastes and quarrelsome blizzards to work with again. Her portrayal of Enchantress Hiresha is awesome on stilts.

Most of all, my thoughts and best wishes go to the Idiopathic Hypersomnia support group. The condition steals away lives with a crushing weight of sleep, and those who must endure it are just as much heroes as the story's protagonist.

To those considering reading Brood of Bones, I can only wish you half the fun I had writing it. Any more than fifty percent might cause an acute hemorrhage of bliss.
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brood of Bones.

Quotes A.E. Liked

A.E. Marling
“A respectable soul of good quality costs entirely too much to maintain.”

A.E. Marling
“Only the flawed can be flawless.”

A.E. Marling
“To sway opinion should never be the motive of argument. I argue only for pleasure.”
A.E. Marling, Brood of Bones

Daniel Marvello The cover illustration is indeed superb. I got a closer look at it on the @LadyOfGems Twitter page and was astounded at the detail and beauty. The Kindle doesn't begin to do it justice. The artist truly did capture the essence of the Lustrous Elder Enchantress.