Liz's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

May 14, 12

bookshelves: 5-star, contemporary, for-review, own, young-adult
Read from March 08 to 09, 2012

Are you looking for an Anna and the French Kiss-esque story that you can read in one sitting, ultimately warming the cockles of your could little heart?* Because if you are, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is it. I curled up with this one on a cold rainy night, needing a refresher after finishing a different book which both bored and depressed me. It was exactly what I needed.

I knew I needed to have this book as soon as I saw the cover. I can’t even pinpoint what I love so much about it, I just do. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is written in third person present tense, so once I dug in, it took me a few pages to get into it. Once I got a few chapters in, I was enamored with how Smith could create tension in just one short paragraph.

A lot of people are intrigued by this book because of the promise of a cute boy (who reminded me of Etienne St. Clair) and an even cuter love story. What kept me hooked was that this was also story about real life and how one girl couldn’t seem to stop hers from changing. Hadley’s family drama is not over or under done--it’s simply there, and that fit the story, because that is how real life works.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight gave me warm fuzzies when I needed them. I enjoy this book and its cover so much that I’ve felt compelled to leave it on my nightstand since finishing it. Even if it bordered on predictable at times, I can’t wait to reread this one when I need a quick read to put me in a great mood.

*I don’t really think you are cold-hearted, unless you are Misty of The Book Rat, who has described herself as such
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

03/08/2012 page 256

Beth Knight I bought this book a week ago because my husband is having surgery this Friday and I didn't want to end up reading anything that's heavy or depressing. It sounds like I made the right choice. I'm not looking at all forward to my hubby's surgery but I am looking forward to this book.

message 2: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I hope you like it! It certainly has heavy elements but I would characterize it as a largely happy book.

message 3: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Also, I hope your husband's surgery goes well.