Ellie's Reviews > Sati

Sati by Christopher Pike

Nov 07, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

** spoiler alert ** 10-31-11 1hr. 20min. Mike, a truck driver, picks up a pretty girl named Sati on the side of the road as he is heading home late at night. She tells him she's hitchhiking, but when he asks why she wants to go to LA, she simply says she'll know when she gets there.
11-1-11 45min. Sati decides to stay with Mike at his apartment. She sends out flyers with the newspapers Mike's friend Fred delivers, saying that she is God, and she will be having a meeting in Mike's apartment at 8:00.
11-2-11 45min. She holds the meeting, and Mike persuades his recently ex-wife, who he's still in love with, to come with their daughter, Jenny. Sati tells everyone at the meeting (a surprisingly large amount) to close their eyes and relax for a few minutes. But when she tells them to open them, Mike sees that a half hour has passed and he was completely relaxed.
11-3-11 30min. Sati appoints Mike's employee to take the shipment to Phoenix, so that he can come to her meeting. He is able to sleep in, enjoying a full night's rest for the first time in a long time.
11-4-11 30min. Mike hangs out with his friends from his apartment building, but then feels sick because he drank the sour milk from his fridge (the "icebox"). Sati tells him that she knew that it was sour and that's why she suggested she get him the milk that morning, but she did not tell him.
11-5-11 40min. Meanwhile, Fred's girlfriend tries to hit on Mike, and makes it very awkward for him. Sati plans her next meeting, which will be held in the conference room at the local bank.
11-6-11 30min. Sati holds her second meeting and a large amount of people show up, filling the room. They relax with their eyes closed for the half hour at the beginning, then Sati opens the floor to questions about her, God.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sati.

10/31/2011 page 33
11/03/2011 page 69
27.0% "I have had just about no time to read this week. Stupid homework." 2 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Buckholts ooh, this sounds like Christopher Pike used the same relaxation methods as in The Return..he seems to really focus on relaxation/meditation in his books.

message 2: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie I cannot stand this book. It is so boring! I wouldn't read it if I were you, but his other books sound very interesting.

message 3: by Aubrey (new) - added it

Aubrey oh. i wanted to read it. Bad plan?

message 4: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie yes, very bad plan. I mean, you might like it, but I really didn't.