Marisa's Reviews > The Goblin King

The Goblin King by Shona Husk

Oct 09, 2011

bookshelves: parnormal-romance
Read in October, 2011

Ms. Husk has layered this world and each character with intense feelings, decisions and outcomes. The Shadowlands is a savage world but the protagonist Roan still has an ounce of humanity left, so when the heroine Eliza enters his world the contrast between hope and despair, beauty and evil, taking and giving, is both magnified and questioned. It’s a tale that is both heart wrenching and heartwarming. The question of doing what is necessary and doing what is right are in play throughout. It many ways it read like a morality tale – but Ms. Husk has wrapped it in a beautifully written story about love and loss and never giving up.

The Goblin King is a blend of paranormal, fantasy and romance where the secondary characters are as important and vital as the hero and heroine. Where grief goes hand in hand with joy and where the answers to questions are not easily obtained. I was taken in by the richly developed and fantastical world but I was sustained by the all too human emotions of the characters.

The Goblin King is the first book I’ve read by Shona Husk but I’m looking forward to the next two books in the Shadowlands series
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goblin King.