Emily Benoit's Reviews > The Magnolia League

Concept/Ideas: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Storyline/Plot: 3.5/5
Overall rating: 4/5 stars

So I'm completely torn. When I first thought of what I was going to rate this book, I was thinking a 3/5. But, as I really began to think about it... it more deserves a 4/5. What happened with me, is that honestly, I'm not a fan of books with magic in it, blah, spells, potions, blah (Except for Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins). But other than that, it wasn't too bad. They kept the magic at a good medium, and it wasn't crazy all over the place, constant new terms and things to remember as you read like in... say... Harry Potter?

The storyline and plot was original though, I have to give Katie Crouch that. I liked the settings, and it was very different, which made it an exciting read. I loved that Alex was from a communal farm, and the fact that her grandmother's big estate, and all the Magnolia stuff was set in Georgia, the south.

I loved the characters Hayes and Madison, Thaddeus, Alex, etc.. They were all deep, and I thought each one had a big role in the book.. It wasn't just a bunch of random characters that had no real signifigance. Each one had his or her own important meaning to the book.

The beginning was slow, but it soon got amazing, and I couldn't stop reading.

The plot went a long fast, and I finished it quickly.
Overall, a great read, and I DEFINITELY reccommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magnolia League.