Suzanne 's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May 28, 13

Read from May 10 to 11, 2013

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant!

For me, this book outshone Half Blood by miles. Alex has left all Rose's idiosyncrasies behind and I've really warmed to her. Her and Seth spend a lot of time together, and I just came to love him. He's hot, he's fun and he's dangerous. My kind of fictional guy. My favourite parts of this book were when they were together, with one scene that I especially enjoyed.

Aiden is quite the stand up guy, but he kept making little comments to Alex, leading her on, but yet saying, 'no, I can't be with you!'. This annoyed me and was very unfair to Alex.

And Caleb, such an awesome guy. Why? Just why?

I love how Aiden and Seth are both really protective of Alex and enjoyed the little spats they have with each other, over her.

Ms. Armentrout has created a very harsh world for half bloods. No marriage, no children, fight the daimons or become a drugged up slave. I couldn't help but wonder why the pure's would have children who would have to live this life. I felt the same way about guardian's in Vampire Academy.

Overall, this was a fantastic sequel and I'm looking forward to continuing on with this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

Quotes Suzanne Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve wanted to break every rule.” Aiden turned away, the muscles in his neck tensing. He sighed. “You’ll become the centre of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what?” His breath was warm against my cheek. “There are a lot of stupid things to do, but I really want to do the stupidest thing possible.”

“What’s that?”

“I want to kiss you.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“So...uh, you're a Team Edward kind of guy?'

He snorted. 'No. I'm Team James or Team Tyler's Van, but apparently neither of them won by the look of it. She's still alive.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It’s not great. What kind of connection is this? A one-way hotline to Pervyville?” I took a step forward, on a roll now. “It’s disgusting. Freaky—stop laughing, Seth!”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He hadn’t left, and apparently, Seth was a cuddler.”
tags: seth

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I love your bed." I rolled onto my stomach, smiling.
"I love it so much I'd marry it if I could."

Seth laughed out loud. "You'd marry my bed?"

"Mmm.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Seth threw me a mischievous grin. “I can’t have Marcus just walking in on us. What if I want to snuggle on these cold New York nights?”
My frown increased. “We don’t snuggle.”
He dropped his arm over my shoulder, and the scent of mint and something wild tickled my nose. “How about we cuddle?”
“We don’t do that either.”
“But you’re my cuddle bunny. My little Apollyon cuddle—” I punched him in the side.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what, you need to stay out of my bedroom. You have your own.”
He smiled. “I know I do. I see it quite often. I just prefer your bed. It smells better.”
I made a face. “It smells better? What does your bed smell like? Regret and bad taste?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“One of my Instructors at the Covenant has a tattoo of it on his arm.”
His lips pursed. “Minister Telly has one on his arm, too.”
“How in the world do you know that?” We cut across the frost- covered lawn to one of the covered walkways connecting smaller buildings to the main one. “Have you been sneaking into his room and cuddling with him, too?”
“Don’t be jealous. You’re my only cuddle bunny.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Cold up there, huh?” Yeah, it kind of was. “Stupid down there, huh?” Seth’s brows flew up. “For one in such a precarious position, you sure don’t know how to talk yourself out of it.” “That’s because it’s hard to reason with idiots.” I gave him a cheeky grin. “Why bother?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Since when do you care about rules?"
"I'm a changed person."
"When did you change? Just now? 'Cuz I heard about your smack down in the cafeteria yesterday.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what? Lets go." I shot Aiden a defiant look. "Come on Seth. Let's go continue our lovers' quarrel."
"Yes my love, that sounds fantastic. Don't forget to grab a dagger so you can poke my eyeballs out.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“But why is it still there? Why is it there at all?" I flipped my palm over several times, shook it, but the faint blue tattoo was still there. "You can see it, right? Like right now, you can see it?"
"Yes. It hasn't faded." Seth leaned forward, catching my hand. "Stop shaking it like it's a damn Etch-A-Sketch. That doesn't make them disappear.”
tags: alex, seth

05/10/2013 marked as: currently-reading
05/10/2013
51.0% "By the gods, this is so much better than the first" 4 comments
05/11/2013 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessie Yay you liked it! But Seth...hmmm I'm on the other team! :P

Michele SQUEEEEE!!!! YES! I totally love Seth so glad there's another for Team Seth, lol! ; )

Suzanne Aw Jessie, I like Aiden too but Seth is just so much more fun :) Right Michele lol