Mel's Reviews > Teahouse

Teahouse by Emirain

Feb 09, 16

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, m-m, on-line-fiction, graphic-novel
Read in February, 2016

"So far so (very addictive and) good..."

This has been my review for the past few years. Or rather, my status, because Teahouse, a yaoi web comic, was a WIP—a Work in Progress. Was, because that is no longer the case, and hasn't been the case for a while now. The duo that is Emirain announced at the end of 2014 that they decided to stop the series due to real life responsibilities. So the Teahouse project has come to an end!

I must say I'm rather late finding this out, like: a YEAR late, since I was never part of the on line Teahouse community and, after an initial addictive spell of checking every week, would only pop in on the site every few months. There were a few hiatuses before, so it shouldn't have been a huge surprise, but I was still kind of shocked. The writers had planned out extensive scenario's but we'll never get to see those realized in print. Not in pictures anyway.

BUT the ladies were great enough to write out a summary of all major story lines, Axis & Rhys, Rory & Reed, and of course: Linneus and Atros, to the end (staring here, for Axis and Rhys) so we get to see how all the major characters will fare.

All in all, it was an enjoyable ride for as long it lasted.
3,5 stars

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teahouse.

02/09 marked as: read

message 1: by Gor93ous (new) - added it

Gor93ous I'm currently reading it! It's good...

message 2: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel I know, right? Trés addictive! I'm already bummed now that I have to wait for each page.

message 3: by Gor93ous (new) - added it

Gor93ous I've just finished it. I want more! :)

Axis is a schmuck, but I actually like his cocky attitude. I think he should absolutely end up with Sir Rhys. Both are equally cocky! *grin*

Which pair do you like most? Xanthe and Linneus? Rory and Reed?

message 4: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lauraadriana Mel wrote: "In order or preference:

1) Xanthe and Linneus
2) Reed and Rory
3) Rhys and Axis"

I'm right there with you baby!

message 6: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel *knucklebump*

Lauraadriana Mel wrote: "*knucklebump*

I want to hear all about the extra pages when you get the paperback! Gory details! :)"

You know it baby!! Ill give you all the smutty deets :0P

message 8: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke oh man! glad I saw your review or I would have been even latter on the up and up than even a year late! Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

message 9: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel LOL, glad to have been of service. :) I was like 'how could I have missed it?' So I'm glad I'm not alone, eheh.
How did you like the end stories?

MsMiz (Tina) I miss Teahouse. I have not read the ending cuz I was gutted when they stopped making the pages. Maybe now that time has passed I can follow them to their summary end;)

I still miss the pages, and the blog, and well, you get it.

message 11: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Oh let me know what you think of the endings, Tina.
Unfortunately Linneus and Astros' ending was my least favorite one.