Ashlie's Reviews > Ghost Town

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

Dec 26, 11

Read in November, 2011

Nine books in and I'm still loving this series. The cover of this book is so awesome too, I love the cover model's look and the colors. There is plenty of Myrnin in this book and I like it that way. There is also plenty of Claire trying to reason with and fix Myrnin and that also makes for great reading. Claire and Shane are progressing in a positive way and I love it. The Myrnin-Claire dynamic feels like it's on the edge of something and I'm not completely sure how it will turn out. I'm curious to see how it develops in the rest of the series.

The political scene in Morganville is very volatile right now and Amelie and Oliver are reeeeally (and constantly) pushing each other's buttons. It's exciting and interesting to watch it unfold and makes you read more and more to see how its going to turn out.

The ending of this story isssss UGH. It's sad and vulnerable, but fitting too. When you reflect back on it, it will probably seem like the obvious conclusion.

I don't understand why Monica doesn't have constant bruises and black eyes. I CAN'T STAND her and Claire is a nicer person than I am, that's for sure! I like the story line for Claire's parents in this story and I'm excited to see what the future holds for Michael and Eve.

While I like this series, the last few books seem to have been there to string the future plots along, which are necessary, though they were really fulfilling and exciting. Ghost Town is finally starting to pick up the pace and twist and turn it the way the first few books in the series did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Town.