Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Carnal Gift

Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare

Jan 23, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read in October, 2011

Carnal Gift, the second book in the Kenleigh/Blackwell series, by Pamela Clare was WONDERFUL. I don’t want to just repeat my review of Sweet Release, but my thoughts and feelings about this book are identical to my feelings about Sweet Release. The main characters, Jamie and Brighid, are 3 dimensional. Clare writes her characters so well that you can see them before your eyes. The plot was suspenseful and twisted, and just when you think everything is about to work out something crazy and unexpected happens. It’s sweet and hopeful. It’s sexy and primitive. You won’t be able to put this book down. It’s too good.

Carnal Gift is also an emotional and moving novel. My heart shattered for the Irish and Catholics. People were punished for simply being born who they are, and it was heartbreaking to imagine the very real people who had to endure this torture many years ago.

In the Author’s Note, Clare mentions that she did months of research so she could write this novel with accuracy. I’d just like to stay thank you to her for putting so much time and effort into writing this story. It really paid off. I hate history, but I love historical romance. (I know that doesn’t really make a whole lot of sense!) When I think about historical romance my mind conjures up the feelings, customs and experiences from certain periods in history. When I think of history my mind goes to the dark past of memorizing numerous names, dates, places, and battles for History class. Pamela Clare knows how to make history interesting.

I gave Carnal Gift by Pamela Clare 4 STARS (4.5 STARS). READ IT NOW (Well right after you finished the first book in the series Sweet Release).

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carnal Gift.