Michelle (Much Loved Books)'s Reviews > Double Clutch

Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt

Oct 09, 11

Read in October, 2011

I got my copy of Double Clutch from Liz herself after she contacted me via a comment I made on another blog. I was surprised that she contacted me but accepted straight away. From reading the blurb I was really interested in Double Clutch and so excited to make a start on it.

Double Clutch follows Brenna, who has been home schooled in Denmark for a year, but has moved back to New Jersey with her Mum and Father. In New Jersey she has to settle back into school, make friends again, and to top it all off, people think she is weird for doing share time, going to another school for half her education. Here is where she meets Jake.

Brenna is torn between her feeling for good guy Jake who has a reputation, or Saxon, who is also occasionally involved with her friend Kelsie, all round bad guy who attends her usual school. After agonising over who she likes she eventually makes her choice, and we get to watch Brenna as she experiences love for the first time, and new experiences with Jake.

From the moment I started reading Double Clutch I was hooked, it's not something I tend to read but I couldn't put it down when I started. I enjoyed reading about how Brenna grows as a person and how she copes with things that are thrown at her. Her emotions and feelings are things that you feel every day and you can sympathise with her with what she is going through. I really liked how Jake becomes a better person for Brenna, and how they both make compromises with each other.

I loved how Saxon was finally able to admit how he feels for Brenna, but also how he was there to support Jake in his motocross race, I hope they get to resolve their differences and get back to the friendship they had

I really enjoyed reading Double Clutch and can't wait to follow Brenna and find out what happens next when book 2 is released.

[Thank to Liz Reinhardt for my copy of Double Clutch]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Clutch.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Liz Reinhardt
“You don't have to lie to me to be nice, Jake. You can just say, 'Wow, your nails look crappy.'" I did my best boy voice.
"Well, I will tell you that's a crappy imitation of my voice." He smiled so wide I could see his eyetooth from across the table. "But you've got to know you're totally hot, chipped nails and all." He burned beet red all the way to the roots of his hair. "Man, you get me to say some embarrassing stuff, Brenna." He rubbed his hand on the back of his neck.
"Hey, don't blame me when you feel moved to make strange declarations.”

Liz Reinhardt
“Are you going to kiss me?" I blabbered stupidly.
"I'm working up the nerve," he said softly.”

Liz Reinhardt
“You’re deceptively good, Blix. Just the perfect amount of bitch to be sexy.”

Liz Reinhardt
“I should haven’t gotten all self-righteous on you. If you want to strip on a pole… well, I’ll stand guard with a gun, but I’ll support you.”

Liz Reinhardt
“Why don't you wear those tiny shorts when you run, like they do in the movies?" His voice was low and sexy, and he knew it.
"Because I'm not in a movie. I know it's confusing, since you obviously live 'The Saxon Show' day and night, but some of us want to live a boring, old, normal high school life, you know?”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz Reinhardt Huge thanks to you for reading it and giving me an honest review, Michelle! I'm so excited you enjoyed it and absolutely love your review! There is a second book coming soon, and I would be so happy if you would like to take a look and give a review when it's ready! Thank you so much again!

Michelle (Much Loved Books) Liz wrote: "Huge thanks to you for reading it and giving me an honest review, Michelle! I'm so excited you enjoyed it and absolutely love your review! There is a second book coming soon, and I would be so happ..."

I will deffo take a look at book 2 when its ready :D