Abigail M.'s Reviews > The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

1219728
Oct 09, 2011

Read in March, 2012

March 2012:
Finally finished this after carting it around the country with me for three weeks (it's seen the inside of many, many, TSA conveyor screeners). I loved it and savored it and wanted to read it faster but also didn't want it to be over. It's my second favorite (my first being Tattoo) and I feel such a sense of relief after being utterly disappointed by the Hunger Games conclusion. I just felt so satisfied by this ending. I loved the characters and I was able to let shipping go because [SPOILER?] (as Jody Sawyer would say) Blomkvist is an incredible dancer, but as a boyfriend he kind of sucks. And Larsson is all about ladies being brave and smart and wise and those ladies don't settle for douchebags. Friends only. I also loved the extra Erika Berger stuff because, well, she's another bad ass and now when I'm writing memos or making decisions I'm like "is this what Erika Berger would do?" Schilbo/Berger top ship.

I'm sad there won't be more and that Larsson is dead. Imma just going to pretend this was going to be the end no matter what. Or maybe I'm going to hope for someone else to take up the torch. Or maybe I'll start at the beginning again, because I loved the movie but only a fraction of how much I loved the book. And if you asked me today exactly what happened with Wennerstrom I'd be like "ummm a factory something something."

Previously:
I accidentally stole this from the library (it was the wrong pocket of my bag and didn't get checked out). Also I need some sort of headgear that allows a book to be held in front of my face as I walk around the track at night so I can read this faster. Or, you know, I could just walk on a treadmill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Ashley Yay! An Abigail review! More please.