Alexis Villery's Reviews > Confessions of an Improper Bride

Confessions of an Improper Bride by Jennifer Haymore

Oct 27, 2011

Read in October, 2011

Serena and Meg are twins and, unfortunately, Meg is lost at sea. Due to her mother's devious actions, Serena feels obligated to become Meg and save her family from genteel poverty. But becoming Meg means losing Serena, returning to London (and seeing Jonathan Dane), and convincing Will Langley that she is his love from six years ago.

This story is unlike many historical romance novels where the main conflict revolves around the love interest being a "rogue." There is a real conflict here and it is such a difficult situation for everyone involved. Ms. Haymore makes sure there are no easy answers or quick solutions. I loved Serena, Will, and Jonathan's relationship. I didn't love Phoebe so much. I just found her annoying in a big way. I felt as if the conflict was resolved perfectly even if it left no one unscathed. I'm hoping that Meg isn't really gone but then again, I have no idea what would happen if she were alive. I just hope she is and that she has her own book.

Definitely read this one if you like a romance where the characters have to work for their happily ever after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Improper Bride.