Marie's Reviews > Bloodrose

did not like it
bookshelves: werewolves, worst-endings
Read in January, 2012

description

Soooooo ANGRY! Just want to scream and forget what I just read.
I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT.
BLOODROSE IS ONE OF THE WORST BOOKS EVER!!!!!! WITH AN ENDING THAT...IS WELL, CRAP.
This once amazing series is now ruined. It had so much potential..
I cannot believe what happened, and I LOVED this series, I gave both book 1 and 2 5 stars!
What I read, was shocking. All i can say is I wish I never read the series and am devasted, as will most fans be. I will always LOVE REN.
I cannot believe I waited this long for an ending of what was one of my favouraite series. I cried. I actually cried because I cannot believe she ruined it on the last book.
Anyone who is team Ren should not read it will leave you heart broken and STILL now months down the line my heart still hasn't mended. Shay ruined everything but so did Calla in the end. Ugh I am disgusted.
Below is what I wrote BEFORE reading the book.

CALLA 4 REN!
TEAM REN ALL THE WAY.
I love Ren he's completely damaged after Calla left him and he let her go off with Shay because he couldn't stand seeing her unhappy, everyone could see he truly loved her. Then we find out he's been sleeping in the house they were meant to shsre together he's so cute and he never gives up on her! I would be very disappointed if they didn't end up together. Ren and Calla are meant to be together not Calla and Shay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodrose.

Quotes Marie Liked

Andrea Cremer
“Ren," I whispered. "I want-"
And then I was leaning over him, my cropped hair brushing against his cheeks as I bent to kiss him. Our lips met and I felt like I was diving into oblivion. The kiss grew deep, inmediate and hungry. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, molding my body against his.”

Andrea Cremer
“Our kisses were so full of need, so long, so fierce that I could hardly gasp for breath.
(Calla and Ren)”

Andrea Cremer
“Oh gods! My eyes!" Connor covered his face. "My innocence!"
"Shut up, Connor," I said, both relieved and disappointed by the interruption.”

05/13 marked as: read

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-50 of 128) </span> <span class="smallText">(128 new)</span>

Marie :)

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Nuckels :( I've never had a book like that before...and I don't think I want one! Thanks!!!

message 4: by Marie (last edited Jan 03, 2012 09:57PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie Haha, no. If i knew this was how the author was going to plan an ending i wouldnt have glanced at the first book. I always pick books by their covers and the blurb, and i can tell instantly if ill like it or not, and nearly every book ive read ive atleast liked. What I hate is loving a series just to have it thrown back in your face at the last book. You wait so long for the next book and then the wait is over-your finally gonna know the ending of their story and then BAM, its terrible. I think 'what a waste of time'. But it sad because youve got such expectations when the previous books were so good. shocking, absoloutley shocking.

Annie Brewer OMG, I am crying!! This sucks Marie!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????? :'(

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy SO Calla ended u with Say? ='( I knew it, the author justdidn't care that 95 of her fanbase prefered Ren. Why did I order the book? I don't want to read it anymore, I'd rather just stay in ignoratn bliss =( ...just ..please...don't tell me ren died... he didn't, right?

message 7: by Lily (new) - rated it 1 star

Lily OH NO!

Annie Brewer Just don't read it and you wont know. But I wont say he didn't. I will say it was a waste of my money and I never should have picked up Nightshade. Ever!!!!! :'-(

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Nuckels Marie wrote: "Haha, no. If i knew this was how the author was going to plan an ending i wouldnt have glanced at the first book. I always pick books by their covers and the blurb, and i can tell instantly if ill ..."

Okay...so Marie, what other book series is like this. I can't say I remembered ever reading one that bad! :)

message 10: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I dont know i dont think ive ever read one this bad! Yes annie, dont waste your money, save it to buy a descent book! I know she shouldve listened to us, shes ruined her series now.

message 11: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Yep. I will get Kiss of Frost instead.....I need some Logan deliciousness!!!! Hoping he heals my broken heart. :(

message 12: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie Yeah, look for comfort in other hot charachters! I love this book the second one is even better i think! Cant wait for the third book to come out theres 4 books in all:)

message 13: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Of the Mythos Academy, REALLY??? Four books?? YES!!!!! I am loving it so much! But it better not turn into another crappy ending!!!! :(

message 14: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I know, on the last i will always be thinking about that noow knowing what AC did. Usually i just dive into a book, and never has such a thing happened, an ending so bad. Cant say people didnt warn us though, i wouldve been worse if i hadnt have lowered my expectations.

message 15: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie YES FOUR LONG BOOKS OF HOT steamy gorgeous Logan;). Although i'll never forget Ren, I do when im in Mythos academy with Logan Quinn!

message 16: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Yea Ren will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart!!! But when I think about him I cry. Why do the sweet sensitive guys always get screwed over by the arrogant assholes such as Shay(and what used to be Kishan)....its not fair!!!

But I must indulge myself in Logan's hotness and forget everything else. Oh my God I am so numb. I wont forget him. Not ever. Its so unbearable!! :'-(

message 17: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Yay for FOUR books with that hottie though!!! :)

message 18: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I know I cant stand what happened to him, i will never be able to read those books again knowing what happens. NEVER EVER.
I agree although i love Kishan, In the beginning i couldnt stand him. God damn it, cant believe it.

Kaylie I'm so glad someone feels the same way! i feel like she did that to Ren so Calla wouldn't have to choose. and that ending?! WTF? they dont remember any of it? thats such crap! i get so sad thinking about Ren and the whole ending because the books were so good up until this one. You're right i honestly wish i'd never read them. ever.

message 20: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer What a sick joke. That is such a crap of an excuse and an easy way out!! If she had chosen neither I would have been okay with it. For God's sake, Adne lost enough people and just got to know her brother only to have him taken away as well!!!!! I will never forgive Cremer for this!! It was low. And unforgivable!! :(

message 21: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Yea I wish I hadn't! Total waste!! :(

message 22: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I know, im disgusted i bought them, waited for this one just for an ending like that, she isnt ruining the series, shes has ruined it. I am honestly struggling to understand these reviews which implies the ending was 'amazing'.

message 23: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer I am too Marie. I don't get how people can say this book is anything BUT bull shit!!!! What is so amazing about it?! Someone please explain. I just don't get it. Ren didn't deserve to die. Adne didn't deserve to lose her brother, the only family left. Calla didn't deserve to have a happy ending. With Shay. *cringes at thought of his name*

message 24: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I know look at all the bad things in my eyes there is NOTHING good about this book.

message 25: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 wait, WHAT? they don't end up together?!!

message 26: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer No. Ren dies. Shay and Calla have their happy ending. Its such a sick joke!!!!!!

message 27: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 oh my god, what is wrong with the author!!! wth.....i offcially hate the series now. not gonna bother paying for the last one

message 28: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Good. I don't know WHAT she was thinking!!!! But it wasn't about her fans.

message 29: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie Yeah dont blame ya, I despise it now! I wish I hadnt bothered either to be honest

message 30: by zara (new)

zara so she ends up with shay?? thank god I dumped this series midway.

message 31: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer Uh yes not only does she end up with Shay, but Ren dies!!! *sniff sniff* makes me wonder had Andrea not killed him off if Calla would have ended up with Ren. Of course that wouldn't have happened.

message 32: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 authors can be so UGH sometimes.

message 33: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie Yes they can. And thats only her first three books. Dont think ill bother with any more of hers. Might end up loving another series of hers just for it to end up like this one.

message 34: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 yeah exactly, once they screw one series up, there's no telling what they'll do next

message 35: by zara (new)

zara are majority of the readers shay fans? because authors usually do what the readers want because they don't want to lose fans.

message 36: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I wouldnt think so Zara, but who knows? Yes I know if their willing to take that much of a risk-which didnt pay off with a series this big what wont they do?

message 37: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 actually from the reviews i read like 90 percent were all for ren. weird...are there going to be any more books in the series?

message 38: by Annie (new) - rated it 1 star

Annie Brewer No but there are gonna be 2 prequels to the series coming out in August. Well one is called Rift but I don't know the other name. Although I could care less! I am not buying another book from her!! I stopped following her on here too! She has forever lost a fan in me!

message 39: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie Same whats the point reading prequels now we know the end? Not gonna change anything is it? Me too Annie, no way on this earth will I read another book of hers.

message 40: by bookgeek97 (new)

bookgeek97 im not reading it...

message 41: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I wouldnt if I was you.. Just a disappointment. Will have you depressed for weeks. Not to mention angry. Think ill have to start anger management, my mothers staying away haha!

Nandanie Marie wrote: "I wouldnt if I was you.. Just a disappointment. Will have you depressed for weeks. Not to mention angry. Think ill have to start anger management, my mothers staying away haha!"

yeah same for me! i was depressed i forgot to turn in my 8 page essay on the 13 colonies...I am so happy that my teacher is a reader like me or I would have died!

message 43: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie I know couldnt think straight for agesss!

Nandanie Marie wrote: "I know couldnt think straight for agesss!"

ik! it haunts you!

message 45: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie So true!

Nandanie Marie wrote: "So true!"

yeah its like everywhere!

message 47: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie ikr!

Nandanie its like "ugh" get out of my head!!!!!!!!!!! and you're daydreamin about ur fav characters during your math class...

message 49: by Marie (new) - rated it 1 star

Marie yes! I know im dreaming of them in all my classes;)

Nandanie yeah and ur teacher looks at u like ur awkward and then u have to snap out of it to pay attention but all u want to be in is bookworld! i love bookworld!

« previous 1 3