Ruth's Reviews > Real Men Will

Real Men Will by Victoria Dahl

I have to admit, I finished this one a few days ago, and got behind with my reviews, but I have to say, this story, provided by netgalley, really finished off the series nicely. Eric is the typical buttoned-up exec running and stressing over the small family business he runs. Except that, well, is that really what he wants to do with his life? And I LOVED Beth. As in common with the others in the series Good Girls Don't and Bad Boys Do, neither the hero nor heroine is quite as they appear, and it takes a long time for them to (a) find out what they want to do with their lives and (b) what they want for the relationship they find themselves in.

I really liked how Beth wasn't exactly permanently scarred by an unpleasant experience from her school days, but at least largely influenced by it, and the experience itself, is something that is not sick or twisted or out of the ordinary. It's the kind of misadventure teens find themselves them, but as adults find themselves wondering at their stupidity.

As a kind of wrap-up of the series, I particularly loved how all the heroes and heroines were wonderfully normal people, with relatively normal stories, but nonetheless still intriguing and interesting. I also loved how all the characters remained incredibly true throughout. The sibling sniping and manipulation and love didn't suddenly change - the relationships within the family remained realistic, and it just worked.

I have to say though, that of all the three books, this one is probably the hottest. I don't know, it's something about those quiet types..

4 stars. I really liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Men Will.