Amanda K's Reviews > Soul Thief

Soul Thief by Jana Oliver

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: 2011-books, own-finished-copy, ya, series, 2011-read-list, reviews-written
Read from October 09 to 16, 2011

Also reviewed on my blog, The Vintage Bookworm. (http://www.vintagebookworm.blogspot.com)

Wow! That's all I keep saying in my head when I think about this book. I thought I loved The Demon Trapper's Daughter, and I do, but it's sequel definitely knocked it out of the ball park. A lot of people debate whether or not sequels are better than the first, in some cases they aren't, but in this one it is!
If you haven't read the first book, you should definitely go do it now. I can't stress that enough. You don't want to miss out on this series. It's unique, has a kick ass female protagonist, and just so fun to read. The writing is awesome, Jana Oliver definitely knows how to write. She pulls you in on the first page and doesn't let you off the ride until the last page. But then you're still hooked! You can't get it out of your head. It's embedded into your mind and you have to get your hands on the next book or you suffer the consequences. Withdrawels! I just finished this book last night, and boy am I suffering from withdrawels.
They planned this! Have the first two awesome books come out in the same year, and then wait until Winter 2012 for the third to come out. Torture!
But anyway, on to the characters. Amazing! They are very well developed. Real. They have problems, they aren't perfect. Just the way I like them! And Riley, poor girl just can't get a break! I'm not going to go further into that because I don't want to give away any spoilers. But god, I feel for her. And hmm, Beck. I'm so team Beck. I realllyyy hope to see some Beck and Riley action in the third book. If I don't, I think I'm going to cry. Please?! The other guys can just go to hell. Literally.
Overall, if you haven't figured it out now, this book was amazing. Definitely on my top favorite series list and Jana is definitely on my author watch list.
The cover is so pretty. I thought I loved the first book's cover, but this one is my favorite so far. Love the blue and the cemetery background. The model on the cover makes the perfect Riley!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Thief.

10/12/2011 page 116
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Leandra (new) - added it

Leandra Yay, I like Beck too! Need to get on buying and reading this.