Tyson Adams's Reviews > The Affair

The Affair by Lee Child

Oct 15, 11

Read from October 09 to 15, 2011 — I own a copy

I was a little perturbed when I found out this year's Reacher novel would be a prequel to the series. Since Killing Floor Lee has evolved Reacher into a one man wrecking ball for truth and justice and hot women. Reacher has essentially become Superman without the need for external underwear and the ability to actually have a broken nose. This doesn't exactly mesh with the Reacher before his evolution.

This aside, Lee has served up another fantastic Reacher tale. The mystery unfolds, the intertwining clues and events are right there for you to pick up on and only implicitly used later - something I like about Lee's writing. In short, this is another fine Reacher novel.

Despite having pre-ordered this book it didn't arrive until quite awhile after its release date, something that has annoyed me for several books now (Matt Hilton's Dead Man's Harvest arrived late, Matthew Reilly's Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves still hasn't arrived). It was worth the wait though, as 50 pages in I was reminded why I had pre-ordered The Affair in the first place. I'd hazard a guess and say that next year's releases by my favourite authors are more likely to be received on their release date, straight onto my Kindle, just as soon as Amazon starts selling the new Kindle Touch outside of the US (bastards!).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Affair.

10/09/2011 page 40

Brenda Great review Tyson! Your last comment amused me, I must admit to have a bit of a laugh;)

Tyson Adams Brenda wrote: "Great review Tyson! Your last comment amused me, I must admit to have a bit of a laugh;)"

One day Americans will realise they aren't the centre of the world and that Aussies are. :D

Brenda Haha!! Agreed:) I received my copy BEFORE the release date...I'd pre-ordered with Doubleday Book Club:) But I haven't got around to reading it yet...enjoyed your review.