Jane Stewart's Reviews > Versed in Desire

Versed in Desire by Anne Calhoun

Oct 09, 11

bookshelves: erotic-contemporary-romance
Read in October, 2011

It’s very good. I liked the story, the characters, and the hot passionate sex. The only negative is that it’s too short.

VERSED IN DESIRE by Anne Calhoun.

Corryn has a new job working for Tony as an administrative assistant. She meets Tony’s friend Luke at a company party. She and Luke are drawn to each other like magnets. But when she learns that he works for the same firm (VP of Special Acquisitions), she tells him they cannot proceed. She doesn’t want to jeopardize her new job. For several months, they see each other at the office. They still want each other, but she doesn’t let it happen. Desire builds. This is romance so we know they get together. Corryn’s pastime is writing poetry, thus the title.

Less than an hour to read. The last half of the book is their night of sex. It’s hot and passionate, no kinkiness. One of the good things about him is his patience and focused desire for her. I enjoy his and her actions and thinking. I like the quality of the writing. The author doesn’t use cheap tricks, contrivances, and illogical communication to create conflicts.

Ebook story length: about 53 minutes. Kindle count story length: 646 (173 KB). Swearing language: 1 religious swear word. Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: 2. Setting: current day Manhattan, NY. Copyright: 2011. Genre: erotic contemporary romance.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Versed in Desire.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Good review, Jill. I'm glad you liked my rec! :))

Jane Stewart Yes! Thank you!