Amanda's Reviews > Notes for a War Story

Notes for a War Story by Gipi

Oct 08, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2-star-books, books-about-kids-with-problems, graphic-novels-or-mangas, historical-fiction, war, young-adult
Read in October, 2011

Well I don’t know where to start with this book. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it. I don’t like it but I don’t hate it. I think I understood what happened through the novel but to tell you the truth I’m really not sure. From what I could gather rich kid leaves his family joins a, what I would call gang and then they go to try and sell some car parts and during this whole time they are in a war. They can’t sell the parts so they go to this bigger “gang” and these people take them in and send them on a mission. The rich kid keeps having dreams to where he doesn’t fit in. They get their first mission done but fail on the second; they then go after the people who made them fail their mission. Then I think it flips to where they go to war and the rich kid falters out and always feels guilty that he left his friends.

Now if this is correct (as a quick summed up version) then I didn’t see much special about this book, and if this is incorrect then it explains why I was really bored with the book and didn’t pay much attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Notes for a War Story.