andrea's Reviews > The Testament of Jessie Lamb

The Testament of Jessie Lamb by Jane Rogers

1945498
Oct 09, 11

Read from October 08 to 09, 2011

Hm. I thought from practically the first few chapters that I wasn't going to like this book, that I didn't like Jessie much at all, that it would be tough to even finish the book. Nevertheless, here I am, just past midnight; 've finished it in just a handful of hours, and I'm satisfied. It's good. Not great, but I'll remember it, which is more than can be said about many other books.

I like apocalyptic books, probably even more than post-apocalyptic books, though they scare me more (obviously). I didn't care so much what happened to Jessie or anyone else really in the book (though I did feel bad for her parents), but I completely believed the world and scenario that Ms Rogers dreamed up. As a result, I wanted to see what happened - how it concluded.

Time seemed to draaaag in this book. Partially it's the construction of the book - looking back while kidnapped for a week - but partially it's the writing style, with a lot of talkingtalkintalking on Jessie's part.

Of course, I think Jessie's decision (view spoiler)

Also, odd last bit there where (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Testament of Jessie Lamb.