Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > The Iron Knight

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

2201617
Oct 15, 11

bookshelves: arcs-for-review, ya-series, favorites, read-in-2011, young-adult-fiction, fairies, ya-fantasy, ya-paranormal
Read from October 08 to 15, 2011

The Iron Fey series is definitely one of my most favorite series of all time. These are books that I can see myself reading over, and over again. I love them that much. If you haven’t read the Iron Fey series yet, they are a must read! I highly recommend these books.

Here are my thoughts on this book, and I’m trying to keep it as spoiler free as possible!

In The Iron Knight, we join Ash on his search to the end of the world to find a soul, so that he can become a mortal and live in the Iron Realm with his love, Meghan. Unlike the other books in the series, The Iron Knight is told from Ash’s point of view. I’ve loved Ash since the beginning of the series. I love the many different sides we get to see of him in this book. Ash is one of my most favorite hero’s ever, and seeing everything from his point of view just made me love him even more.

Dear Puck… There is never a dull moment with him around. I really loved the way he and Ash interacted throughout this book. They got into quite a bit of trouble together, and at times I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see how they were going to get out of said trouble. I have to say, if Julie Kagawa wanted to write a series about Puck, I would totally read it. I would love for him to have his own happily ever after.

Grim the cat is still awesome, as always. We are also introduced to a few new characters, one in which I especially loved; the big, bad wolf.

The one thing I really missed in this book was Meghan. I’ve grown so used to reading from her point of view. The parts we did see her in the book were enjoyable, but I missed the interactions between her and Ash, and especially her and Puck.

The world building in this book is amazing. Julie Kagawa has such a creative mind. The descriptions where so detailed, I could see everything clearly in my mind. I love that Julie also wasn’t afraid to set up impossible situations for the characters to be in. Quite a few times I was worried about how exactly there were going to survive through make it through alive.

Overall, The Iron Knight is a great conclusion to this wonderful series. I am so sad to see it all end, but I’m excited to see where Julie Kagawa takes us in her next series.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

10/11/2011 page 103