Alexander Ayvazov's Reviews > Point Blank

Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz

M_50x66
Oct 31, 11

Read in October, 2011

"Point Blank" is the second book in the Alex Rider series. Alex Rider,a 14 year old spy, has once again been asked to go on a mission, this time to an expensive private school where juvenile kids suddenly become nice and respectful. Many people of the secret organization don’t believe that kids can suddenly change after going to a boarding school. So it is Alex's job to get the answer of what is going on. When Alex reaches the school he learns more than what he was told. He has to face a dangerous man who craves power and will stop at nothing to get it.

I think this book is amazing because of its plot that is full of interesting twists. The main character, Alex Rider, is an extraordinary person who is capable of getting out of any trouble. The rest of the characters played an important role in the development of the story. Even if the minor ones were left out of the story, it could have detracted from the story's flow. The conflict was grabby because Alex had no idea of what he was going to face, and when he did, not only did he have to save himself but the world as well. I think there were many themes but the main one is that people are not what they seem to be. I think the theme is really meaningful and teaches people something true true about the way human beings act. I recommend this book to other young readers who love to read action packed adventure stories because this book contains all of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point Blank.