Sandy Wolters's Reviews > Brainrush

Brainrush by Richard Bard

Aug 31, 12

Read from July 26 to August 31, 2012

Book: Brainrush, A Thriller (Book One)
Author: Richard Bard
Genre: Thriller, suspense, a little romance, a little sci-fi, and a touch of paranormal - In other words, something for everyone!
Length: Approximately 312 pages

I'm completely exhausted after reading Brainrush.

In BRAINRUSH by RICHARD BARD we meet the terminally ill ex-combat pilot Jake Bronson as he is having an MRI to determine how much time he has left. As the MRI progresses, as often happens in California, an earthquake hits. Both Jake and the MRI machine are tossed around the room. Something happens during this event that will change Jake's life and the lives of his friends forever.

Jake emerges with extraordinary cognitive powers. He soon learns that his mind has become a sponge and photographically imprints everything he sees and hears with the ability to pull that information from his mind as needed. While meeting his friends at the local bar that evening, he puts his newfound abilities to the test by entering that evening's sports quiz. Unfortunately for Jake, there is a news crew filming a story about the bar that evening, and they end up running a special interest story of a man that has an unusual mental talent. This news story is so sensational that it goes viral and is seen by international terrorists that are in the process of secretly developing a weapon to use against the United States. Now that they are aware of Jake's abilities, the terrorists will do whatever they have to do to study Jake's brain and use it for their unthinkable and evil deeds.

I LOVED THIS BOOK! I would like to give any future reader of this book a few tips. My first tip would be to make sure you have nothing planned for the entire day before you start reading it. You will be hooked from the very first chapter and you won't be able to put it down. I sure couldn't. BRAINRUSH starts out exciting and continues to pick up speed as you get further into the book. Every time I thought the book was going to slow down a bit, something else would happen that would have me gasping and fidgeting as I read. Did I mention reading this book is like a full body workout at the gym? I was exhausted.

Tip number two would be to make sure your E-reader is fully charged. I made the mistake of my Kindle only having about a half charge. When I saw that the battery was very low, I panicked. You can read while your E-reader is charging, but I do not have a long cord. I had no choice but to put the book down while my Kindle charged. I paced. I tried to answer some e-mails. Finally after 10 minutes, I ended up sitting on the floor next to the charger to finish the book. It was that good.

Mr. Bard has written some fantastic characters that I really enjoyed getting to know and a very intriguing story. I have recommended this book to all of my friends and family. I can't wait to get my hands on the second story of the series, BRAINRUSH II, The Enemy of My Enemy. I've just got to find out what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brainrush.