♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > Dynasty of Ghosts

Dynasty of Ghosts by P.L. Nunn

Oct 21, 11

bookshelves: m-m, fantasy, paranormal, ghost, romance, adventure, ebook, fiction, war, magic
Read from October 08 to 21, 2011

All I can say is "wow". There aren't many words to describe a novel of this nature; this length and depth and breadth and convoluted plot details so filled with characters both striking and mundane that evolves with such unpredictability and sharpness.

You, P.L. Nunn are a genius.

I loved the first book I read by this author, Bloodraven, which was passionate and had a plot and yet so dark as to be nearly depressing. Somehow this book was both better and worse than that one. There wasn't a clear aim to the plot line, a point in the distant horizon that the characters were working towards (well, other than their own happiness) and I felt like a lot of possible thread-lines were unfortunately dropped (say, the whole Gunthar attacking plot) but overall it really was a much happier and smoother story to read through.

I love Nunn's writing style. It's so clear and easy to follow. Yet filled with enough details to let us really feel what is going on around the characters. I adore his character development the most, though, I believe. He really has a way of making you admire and yet perhaps even despise a little one of his main characters (or perhaps even both).

I had a terribly lovely time reading this book, and it may have taken me almost two weeks, but that was mostly due to being in midterm session right now.

I really cannot believe that I have finished. It was an incredible journey. I really did not want the story to be complete! And somehow, I know that Ashe and Illya will continue to live on. Happily ever after.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dynasty of Ghosts.

10/08/2011
4.0% "I am hoping that it's at least partly as good as Bloodraven was."
10/10/2011
16.0% "This book is written with a more delicate hand. I am liking that."
10/12/2011
40.0% "This pace is amazingly fast, and yet so are the details amazingling numerous. I have absolutely no idea where this story might end up, although vengeance and a way to set things right are definitely on the agenda. I am enjoying it all very much."
10/15/2011
50.0% "anatomy and chemistry midterms next week... but I want to be reading THIS!!" 6 comments
10/17/2011
72.0% "Sneaking precents where I can... late late late at night, on the tram... in very important lectures. xD But the book keeps getting new twists and turns and gets better and better!! How is a body supposed to NOT read this?!?!"
10/21/2011
92.0% "Things went from bad to horrible and I just KNOW that they're going to get worse. I just really really sincerely hope that there is a happy ending as well!"
show 3 hidden updates…