yaiza's Reviews > La dama de blanco

La dama de blanco by Wilkie Collins

Jul 24, 14

bookshelves: classics, victorians, realistic
Read from October 22 to 30, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read La dama de blanco.

Quotes yaiza Liked

Wilkie Collins
“My hour for tea is half-past five, and my buttered toast waits for nobody.”

Wilkie Collins
“I sadly want a reform in the construction of children. Nature's only idea seems to be to make them machines for the production of incessant noise.”

Wilkie Collins
“Some of us rush through life, and some of us saunter through life. Mrs. Vesey sat through life.”

Wilkie Collins
“...it will always remain my private persuasion that Nature was absorbed in making cabbages when Mrs. Vesey was born, and that the good lady suffered the consequences of a vegetable preoccupation in the mind of the Mother of us all. ”
tags: humor

Wilkie Collins
“I am thinking,’ he remarked quietly, ’whether I shall add to the disorder in this room, by scattering your brains about the fireplace.”

Wilkie Collins
“Tears are scientifically described as a Secretion. I can understand that a secretion may be healthy or unhealthy, but I cannot see the interest of a secretion from a sentimental point of view.”
tags: humor

Wilkie Collins
“Is it necessary to say what my first impression was when I looked at my visitor's card? Surely not! My sister having married a foreigner, there was but one impression that any man in his senses could possibly feel. Of course the Count had come to borrow money of me.

"Louis," I said, "do you think he would go away if you gave him five shillings?”

10/23/2011 page 76