Kelly Herta's Reviews > Luna

Luna by Julie Anne Peters

Oct 08, 2011

Read in September, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. It was the only one of the three contemporary realistic fiction (GLBT) books that I would even consider reading again. I found the characters and the subject matter believable.
Luna is a story from the point of view of Regan, a young teenager, who's brother Liam, is a transgender. The two are very close and Reagan is the only one who knows about her brother's secret. Their parents may suspect something occasionally, but Dad just wishes Liam would take up sports and Mom doesn't think anything is amiss when Liam volunteers to do the laundry or offers to cook dinner. Even Liam's best friend, a girl,is just waiting for Liam to ask her to the prom. At night, Liam comes to Regan's room and tries on her clothes and puts on her makeup. Regan is torn between her life and her support for the brother she loves. When Liam decides to transform into Luna permanently, Regan wants to help but really wants to just have a normal life. She and Liam make important decisions that affect more than just themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luna.