Meagan Myhren-bennett's Reviews > Sunrise on the Battery

Sunrise on the Battery by Beth Webb Hart

Oct 08, 2011

bookshelves: christian, christian-living, christmas, family, forgiveness, friendship, mother-daughter-relationship
Recommended to Meagan by: Book Sneeze
Read from October 01 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

SUNRISE ON THE BATTERY

By Beth Webb Hart

Mary Lynn Scoville seems to have it all, and is on the verge of being invited into the last club that polite Charleston society has to offer. But when Mary Lynn experiences a miracle on Christmas Eve, she prays that her husband and three daughters will experience God’s touch as well. But when her prayer is answered in a way she never expected can Mary Lynn every truly be happy and what will her happiness cost? And will Charleston, South Carolina ever be the same?

Sunrise on the Battery looks at life and what is important. Are accolades of human achievement all important in living a fulfilling life? Is it possible to heal old wounds by climbing the social ladder? The Scoville family is about to find out what is truly important. The pinnacles of society, the homeless on the street who will have the biggest impact?

Sunrise on the Battery also touches on teen substance abuse – drinking and pharming.

Sunrise on the Battery looks at friendship and what true friendship really is. Is it tied to your checkbook? Your address? Who your parents are? Or is it a giving of oneself just because with no strings attached?

Sunrise on the Battery is an enjoyable read that has a lesson to teach.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunrise on the Battery.