Carrie (Bears Read Too)'s Reviews > Isle of Night

Isle of Night by Veronica Wolff

Oct 11, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult
Read from October 08 to 10, 2011 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Loved it!

I found this book quite by accident while browsing on Saturday and then I started reading it on Sunday night and was finished on Monday. Now, I'm waiting. ugh. I hate that part!

I thought the storyline sounded okay and thought I'd try it and once I got started reading it I couldn't put it down. It was really intriguing and different. Each chapter ended on such a high note that I just had to turn the page and start the next chapter.

Ronan sounds like an amazing character although we didn't learn a lot about him. He's quiet and distant but you just know he's got more substance to him and I can't wait to find out what that entails. I'm hoping that the next two books will bring more of his character to light and more of a relationship between him and Annelise Drew.

I love that name... Annelise Drew... it has such a nice ring to it don't you think? Ronan likes to call her Annelise and I picture it rolling off his tongue in such a heart-stopping tone. He thinks it "suits" her better but personally I think Drew suits her better because she is such a kick-ass character. Then again, he sees the delicate vulnerable side to her so I'm guessing that why he calls her that. Me, I see that side too, but the kick-ass side is so profound that she's DREW to me. She sure had to grow up fast in her young life. She's not even 20 yet and has lived a lifetime. You have to be pretty strong to deal with what she dealt with growing up and turning out the way she did... and then to only be put through more crap when she finally thought she was free of that life and still coming out on top. She awesome!

I can't wait to see how she gets on in the next book... and the one after that as well. Hurry up and get here I say!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isle of Night.