Sobia's Reviews > Night Forbidden

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: nook
Read from July 31 to August 01, 2012

Joss ware

okay, real quick( read: short)

So if your a joss ware fan, you know joss  books are a-may-zing! They're so so good ! And  it's been ages...AGES since she's last released a book...so seeing this...made me do a happy dance..and I don't dance. Mostly, because I can't, but still....you get the point :p

If, however, you've never read Joss Ware, don't start here!
There's an over arching storyline, that makes more sense if you read them in order:
Beyond the Night
Embrace the Night
Abandon the Night
Night Betrayed
Night Forbidden
And next, Night Resurrected

Okay, now then, I loved, loved loved this! only 2 things kept this from earning 5 stars: everythign felt like it happened to quickly...or maybe it's just that there didn't seem like there was enough story...I wanted more, darnit!

And this second bit is connected to the first, but the H, Fence....I felt like we didn't get enough of him...background wise....it's been awhile, I think over a year since the last book, so I may be wrong, but it didn't seem like we learn a lot about him in previous books, so I'd have liked to learn more about him...in particular about his family!

But altogether, this was an excellent addition to the series, fast paced, some surprising  bits, some not so surprising, some great bits from characters from books past and future,  and all well written, though I wish the epilogue had been just a little bit longer....and that the wait for the next book isn't quite so long* crossing my fingers*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Forbidden.

07/31/2012
1.0% "finally! now crossing my fingers it doesn't suck! please, please, please don't let this suck! "
07/31/2012
1.0% "finally! now crossing my fingers it doesn't suck! please, please, please don't let this suck!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bookie | The BookChick Not trying to blitz your page but I noticed that you've read the
Envy Chronicles and wanted to invite you to a Q&A with Colleen Gleason/Joss Ware this evening at 7:30 ET, If you're interested :).

Q&A link: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 2: by Sobia (last edited Aug 24, 2012 06:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sobia well hell, I'm just under an hour too late :(

thanks for the invite though, If it'll still be up in the morning, I'll probably read through it then :D

eta: that's what I get for not checking into GR as often as I should!