Rachel's Reviews > Changing the Game

Changing the Game by Jaci Burton

Oct 08, 2011

Oh Gavin. How I love thee. I was intrigued by him in the previous book and reading this just sealed the deal. He attracted me because he is a baseball player, but more than that, because of the person he is once you get past his shallow at times exterior. He spent his life living in Mick's shadow as the younger sibling (been there, done that to an extent).

Insert Liz here. I hated her deeply in the last book. She was a horrid bitch. But in this book we get to know the real Liz. And I like her. A lot. She is vulnerable, she has feelings and emotions and they are all for Gavin. When we learn about her past, her present makes a hell of a lot more sense.

I love the way the two of them come together and then proceed to dance around each other. It's enjoyable to watch Gavin as he starts to embrace his feelings.

We got more of the awesome Riley clan, which made me eternally happy. I want their parents. Those two are just adorably awesome. Mick was an ass, but he thankfully got over it. Jenna was pure comic relief like always.

Can't wait for the next installment of this series. Let's see if the Hockey player can uproot the baseball player for my affections.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changing the Game.

Quotes Rachel Liked

Jaci Burton
“Men are obtuse. You have to beat them over the head with a frying pan to get them to notice things.”
Jaci Burton, Changing the Game