Angela~twistedmind~'s Reviews > You've Been Warned

You've Been Warned by James Patterson

Oct 08, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

Since it's been a bit since I've read this one, not to mention all the turmoil in the family right now, I don't have much of a review to add.......but, of course, I'll be adding the blurb, as usual.James Patterson is one of my favorite authors, with his Alex Cross series being my favorite of all. You've Been Warned was a bit lacking. You would think I had absolutely loved it being as how it took me one day to finish it, but, really, it was just Meh. Lackluster, I'd say. And it seemed to jump from one thing to the next quite frequently and I'm not a fan of that type of writing. Not when you are left saying "Huh?". It also was just not a book you can get absorbed in. At least, I couldn't. All that said, I did like it to a point. I wouild prefer to give it a 2 and a half, though. The ending wasn't quite what I expected (well, I kind of expected it, but not as it was written) and that was a good point. You also, all through the book, weren't really sure what would happen next........what crazy situation Kristin would find herself in next. I guess I would recommend this to James Patterson fans and people who enjoy psychological terror and not knowing what is going to happen from one page to the next.

Kristin Burns has lived her life by the philosophy "Don't think, just shoot"-pictures, that is. Struggling to make ends meet, she works full time as the nanny for the fabulously wealthy Turnbull family, looking after their two wonderful children and waiting for her glamorous life as a New York photographer to begin. When her photographs are considered by an elite Manhattan art gallery, it seems she might finally get the chance that will start her career. But Kristin has a major distraction: forbidden love. The man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. Breathless with an inexhaustible passion and the excitement of being within reach of her goals, Kristin ignores all signs of catastrophe brewing. Fear exists for a reason. And Kristin can dismiss the warnings for just so long. Searching desperately for the truth through the lens of her camers, she can only hope that it's not too late.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You've Been Warned.