kelsey's Reviews > Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Oct 08, 11

Read in August, 2011

Maybe it's because I had such high expectations of a book from Chelsea Handler. Maybe it's because I had read the amazingly funny "Bossypants" right before it. Or maybe not all of Chelsea Handler's friends should be able to write a chapter in a book. Whatever it was, this book simply wasn't up to par by Handler standards.

We get it. Chelsea Handler acts like a 7 year old boy with boobs. She likes to play pranks (some of which are painfully stupid - yet people fall for them), but she only messes with you if she loves you. Every story is the same, and honestly the most enjoyable parts of them are the little snippets that Chelsea herself leaves on the end of each story.

I didn't laugh out loud, but I didn't absolutely hate it either. Don't expect something as amazing as "Vodka" or "My Horizontal Life," but it's definitely readable if you're looking for something to fill the time. I'd really give it a 2.5/5 if I could.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me.