Susan65's Reviews > And Call Me in the Morning

And Call Me in the Morning by Willa Okati

Jan 21, 13

bookshelves: read-with-jen
Read from September 02, 2012 to January 20, 2013

“And Call Me in The Morning” started out a little slowly for me, but just about a third of the way in I was hooked. I really enjoyed the slow way Eli and Zane handled the surprising relationship they found themselves in. It was always "together" and that is how they were successful in wading through the great unknown of a same-sex relationship, when they were both in their early forties...and believed they were both strictly heterosexual.

I was afraid at first that they would easily jump into sex, knowing exactly what to do, but fortunately it didn't happen that way. They got the kissing down first. Which I loved. And I also loved how Eli was at the beginning, too nervous to even look at Zane's body. It was cute and sweet and the love between them was so obvious. I want that.

The "incident" took me by surprise. I guess I should have expected it, but I didn't. How Eli handled seeing Zane hurt was so realistic. I can not imagine going through that. I saw this story as very realistic, emotion-wise, and recommend to all looking for a slow burn, but very loving and real gay-for-you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Call Me in the Morning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews lovely review Susan:)

Susan65 Thank you. That's sweet.