Nicoledp67's Reviews > The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Oct 14, 11

bookshelves: 8th-grade
Read from October 08 to 14, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This is one of my favorite reads in the Percy Jackson collection; it was an absolute pleasure to reread this story. From Bianca's kindheartedness, and the telling of the coldness of Zoe's family, it was a surprise at every turn. Hades' kids were a nice twist to add to the scene, as well as giving the daughter of Zeus a little spotlight. It showed how much courage those kids could bear, and whether they would turn and fight or just lay on the ground like a walking air mattress.

I was a bit disappointed with the disappearance of Annabeth, though. Regardless of her being one of my favorite characters, he should have had another run-in with the three of them in the book - we haven't had adventures like that since book 1 and at the end of book 2. And it was just that Annabeth seemed so helpless in the clutches of a Titan; she could have done much better if she was given some spotlight as well, although I guess Percy's PoV is the main idea of the whole series it would probably mess everything up. That is why I gave the review a -1 star.

Other than that, I loved the introduction of Bianca and Nico (how they can watch each other's backs), the bringing-back of Tyson (he's just awesome) and finally, the introduction of the daughter of Zeus, Zoe Nightshade, and the Hunters of Artemis.

Kudos, Rick Riordan. Kudos.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Titan's Curse.

10/08/2011 page 45
10/11/2011 page 189
61.0% "I think that Aphrodite is probably going to help Percy as much as she can on his quest to save Annabeth. But knowing that the gpods can't interfere in quests, Aphrodite will probably lead on others to do her work for her. Being the love goddess (as tricky as she is) I think she'll always have something up her sleeves."
10/11/2011 page 189
61.0% "On page 189, I think that Aphrodite is probably going to help Percy as much as she can on his quest to save Annabeth. But knowing that the gods can't interfere in quests, Aphrodite will probably lead on others to do her work for her. Being the love goddess (as tricky as she is) I think she'll always have something up her sleeves."
10/13/2011 page 268
86.0% "I'm actually a bit shocked when they tell us more about Zoe's family. We knew next to nothing about her before (since she was cold to the Quest members and aloof especially to Percy) and now all the decrets are spilling out. I can't believe how her sisters could be so unforgiving of her, or how hostile the General is to Zoe. She doesn't deserve any of this no matter what she has done."
10/13/2011 page 268
86.0% "I'm actually a bit shocked when they told us more about Zoe's family. We knew next to nothing about her before (since she was cold to the Quest members and aloof especially to Percy) and now all the secrets are spilling out. I can't believe how her sisters could be so unforgiving of her, or how hostile the General is to Zoe. She doesn't deserve any of this no matter what she has done."
show 4 hidden updates…